Adding a profile picture
Adding photos to your profile is very important. This not only brings credibility to your ad but also draws the attention of your future roommates.
In our experience, profiles with images are up to five times more popular with other landlords.
Uploading your photos
Login and click on your name to open the menu, then on My Ads and select Edit photos. Click on Upload and select the desired picture from your device. You can crop, resize and rotate the photos to your liking. You can also change the default Main Photo by selecting a new one.
To see how to do that, click on the guide below.
Rules when uploading photos to the website
- Make sure they are of good quality; ensure that the images are a good size. Clear and bright images are best. We advise a portrait orientation (vertical) with a maximum width of 665px (ratio 1:0.8).
- JPEG, GIF, PNG or BMP format.
- The image should be of yourself, or your group members if you’re registered as a group or couple.
- All of your images must be rotated correctly and in the order, you would like them to appear on your listing.
Has your image been rejected?
Here are the most common reasons why photos are rejected:
- An image that displays your contact details – to protect your personal privacy as Roomgo ads are accessible to non-members.
- An image of yourself in swimwear or any state of undress.
- Photos of children – The privacy of the young is very important to us and so we do not publish any images of children or babies.
- Animals - Unless you are in the picture too!
- Illegal or immoral activity
- Blurry, very low quality or up-side-down photos